Friday, July 15, 2011

Sports Edition - Personal Best


A few days ago I saw 'Personal Best', a sports film where highly ranked athletes compete for the national team. And oh god how I miss sports! That's the first thing that comes to mind (because now I'm lazy and only ride my bike!). Then it's about the importance it brings to our lives and the ties we experience.
Being in a team can be the most meaningful experience in life - we support each other, we take care of each other, we give strength to each other and we do it effortlessly. We take pain that we never thought we were able to handle, we lose for half a second or less, we wake up at six am or sooner to be up for hours and hours of practice...The team becomes our family, they become our brothers and sisters and coaches our right arm.
Sometimes I forgot how important sports are, even if they are individual. I miss my sport; I don't want to be cocky or anything but swimming is the most beautiful sport, in every level. Sports are healthy as hell for the body but especially for the mind.


'Personal Best' comes in a time when I'm completely astonished by the power of female athletes from the World Cup, specially the United States team, I must say; I mean, football isn't my thing, but it's a World Cup. And when the Swimming World Championships starts tomorrow! I don't watch TV...only Eurosport! And the next week will be just that.


I mean, look at this!


About the film, finally - I think it was a very honest film; the likelihood was interesting and I guess I can call it boldness about the romance between the two main characters; it was complex and serious in it's approach. It was an entertaining film.

No comments:

Post a Comment