Sunday, August 19, 2012

Inconsistent State


I’ve seen Like Crazy a few times, and the other day I’ve listened the entire film, didn’t really watched it, just listened. At the end, I felt like I was listening an unfair story. Here are two human beings with an opportunity to be spoiled, which the only big problem seems to be a conflicted romance. This beautiful girl has the opportunity to stay in bed crying, to be in a bad mood, shout and be annoying but what’s so awful about her state? She seems to have everything. Oh wait, she lacks fulfillment because she doesn’t have that love. I guess this fact always messes me up. It’s so hard to swallow and accept it. 


The film seemed to trick me into this notion of falling in love for these two characters in love. Maybe I don’t like the fact that their struggle and pain is covered with this possibility of being able to afford such condition. Thus, they’re spoiled. But it would be wrong to judge the film on this subject because films can’t always represent our own circumstances. At the end of the day, that’s the meaning of cinema. The possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment