Sunday, January 6, 2013

Jennifer speaks, we listen


Not to sound rude, but [acting] is stupid,” Lawrence says. “Everybody’s like, ‘How can you remain with a level head?’ And I’m like, ‘Why would I ever get cocky? I’m not saving anybody’s life. There are doctors who save lives and firemen who run into burning buildings. I’m making movies. It’s stupid.
Oh, sweet and amusing Jennifer Lawrence. It’s always interesting to listen to your amusing words, especially because they sound honest and you’re speaking your mind like who you are. You’re absolutely right and you’re not so right when you’re saying that acting is stupid. Yes, first, acting can be a few things. But it doesn’t have to be necessarily stupid. It may be sometimes, but it is definitely more than that. Most of all it is a strange world. It is important and I admire your down to earth knowledge that acting isn’t as important as to be a doctor. Everyone knows this, but no one's saying it. I admire your words, because I think that first and foremost you don’t want to take it too seriously, you’re exactly doing what the question was about. But acting can be a pretty amazing thing. One could call it art, even. I am often in awe how actors can do what they do. Julianne Moore’s work in Savages comes to mind for instance. I would never be able to do what you do (unless I really really really really really wanted to, but then again I think I wouldn’t, I think it comes with the person too). That’s the main meaning of acting, to become someone, to show emotions, and isn’t that just hard? But then, on a very Hollywood scale, acting can become something more than that, at least in some cases, on some levels. Don’t forget that when you say things like, I would love eating French fries all day, it becomes the awesome sentence of the week because you’re saying it. And because you’re cool and funny, it almost becomes a cool thing, eating French fries all day, except that it isn’t. Ok, everyone knows that, and people do whatever they want. But because of the ‘acting’, you can mold people’s ideas. And in that way, you can even become more persuasive than doctors. Imagine that. Now isn't that stupid? But we do stupid things all the time, it's just how we are. But still, acting isn’t as important as being a doctor. And will never be. And yes, it’s important to remember that. It’s important that even if you’re an actor, you’re a fireman, you’re a gynecologist, you always need to be humble but don’t downgrade yourself, instead believe in your own art. In many ways, some doctors are like artists. 
I don't even know why I'm talking about it, I'm not an actress, I'm not a doctor! And who cares, right?


 Jennifer Lawrence will become an even better actress as the years go by, I’m sure. If she keeps herself in this business, she still has different stages in her career. And she will mature, and a lot of things will happen along the way. She will learn a lot. She will gain different kinds of recognition.
She’s young, she’s deadly attractive, and she’s amusing and honest to herself. What else does she needs to be the most awesome and also one of the most interesting young actresses of Hollywood? It confuses me a lot to think that she’s also the ‘fuckable’ girl everyone thinks about. She’s so young, it upsets me a lot. It’s upsetting that she’s the world's most desirable woman, but also understandable. I'm sure she also knows this is meaningless bullshit.
Nonetheless, it’s always interesting to listen to Jennifer Lawrence every now and then and I really hope she keeps herself like this, honest, but most of all, I’m looking forward to see her in a big screen for her new film Silver Linings Playbook. I want to fall in love with her role, with her film and hopefully learn a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment