Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sad News


Yesterday I was sadly informed that Rashida Jones and Rob Lowe will leave Parks and Recreation. When I looked at the screen and read this, I stare at it for a while, thinking it over, through and through, revisiting the entire show, valuing how each character will follow, how the show will follow after their departure on the 13th episode of Season 6. 
This is like, a little antecipation of what's more to come...like, you know, a possible end. I'm not saying it is this season, but God, who knows? How much Parks and Rec is a precious treasure it isn't that popular and these two last seasons they took ages to renew the show. I HATE THEM! And I only love them again because they have Parks.

Ok, I don't want to think about it anymore.
Let's go and watch Parks all over again.

Oh my god, Ann Perkins, I'm going to miss your beautiful tropical fish face...


A classic.
No, no no no, my mind is not yet accepting...

Michael Schur statement about their departure:
"The news about Rob and Rashida is true -- they will be leaving the show after the 13th episode of the upcoming season six. We've been working on their storyline (on and off) for four seasons now, and heading into this year, with the two of them contemplating parenthood, it felt like a natural time to move them into the next phase. We absolutely love both Rashida and Rob, and will be sad to see them go. Rashida was one of the very first people we knew we wanted in the cast, and as important as Ann is to Leslie (and vice-versa), she'll certainly never be far from Pawnee. Rob we initially thought we could only have for six or eight episodes, and we couldn't be happier that he will have stuck around for 75. They are wonderful, funny, committed actors, they've been a huge part of the 'Parks and Rec' family, and we think we have a great Pawnee send-off in the works for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment