Saturday, October 5, 2013

FIFF Days


Grigris

I wasn’t really expecting anything more than this. I don’t think the film is substantial enough for a story that focus on a passive protagonist, a performer who loves to dance. I mean, when I say passive protagonist, I should be saying instead a non-actor, for a non-actor, the story should be something more? I don’t know.


L’Image Manquante
I need to see this again. Let’s just say I was sleeply. This is too good for me to let it pass unremarked.


And I’m such a sucker for some Catherine Deneuve. I mean, it wouldn’t be a Francophone Film Festival without Catherine Deneuve (and Jacques Demy). As much lovable and precious as this Parapluies de Cherbourg is, I would be really up to something more let’s say, cheering, like Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, my favorite musical. Though I would probably try to sing along and that would end up in shame. 


However, watching Les Parapluies de Cherbourg on a moderate big screen, I almost burst in tears, looking at this beautiful film. Wow, just wow. And Catherine Deneuve looks so young it is almost unrecognizable. Actually, at least in this film, she reminds of Amber Heard. It’s so weird.


I would say my favorite film of the Fest was between The Broken Circle Breakdown and Child’s Pose. Child’s Pose end up winning the main award of the Festival and also the award for Best Actress. I was not surprised that the Audience Award went to Gabrielle either.
And these were the films I saw at the Festival International du Film Francophone de Namur. I wished I had seen so many more. 

Going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment