Sunday, October 13, 2013

I hate Space


Houston, Houston, this is Explorer, we've been hit by Debree, we need immediate assistance do you copy?
Houston come in we're flyin' blind here.
Mission Control is not here right now but can I take a message?
What do you mean they're not here?
Well this is awkward but the government is shut down.
SNL
 Now seriously, I saw Gravity.


First of all, I thought it was quite an exceptional film experience, to the point I had my head literally spinning to the right side and when it ended, I mean, when she was trying to raise up I felt as unbalanced as she was. I feel like Gravity is a unique film, especially when it comes to the experience of watching it. 
I also saw The Heat the same day, though I was incredibly disappointed with it, I didn't thought it was any good, sometimes I would laugh because Melissa McCarthy is irresistible, but really, at the end of the day I was having this really soft spot for Sandra Bullock.

Sandra Bullock's breathing...Sandra Bullock's anxiety...Sandra Bullock's cry...Sandra Bullock's tenderness...

I read somewhere a title that included Gravity and then the words Chick flick. Interesting point! However you think it is a chick flick or not, here's my early take on it: Even if someone would label this film a chick flick, whether to demean it or not, very likely to demean it, it's a mother fucking worth ninety minutes uncommon chick flick with this really awesome, really courageous and all around ordinary female hero taking this unimaginable road to survival and accepting her position and fighting back. And it feels quite authentic, maybe even more authentic than films taken place in Brooklyn and not in space. Take it or leave it.
I would like to explore this line, but it is something I have to give more thought.
I won't be discussing the "O" factor for now, I am more and more detached from this year's realities, not to mention films are disappointing me, so, I don't really have much to say about whether she gets the Oscar or not, she will most likely get a nomination, but won't win. I just can't believe she's almost 50 years old. What a great notion.

No comments:

Post a Comment