Thursday, October 24, 2013

Jamie Dornan, everyone

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY. No no no no no.


When I heard of the possibility of Jamie Dornan for the role of that Fifty Shades of Grey adaptation I momentarily freaked out but then it passed. Now I'm officially screwed.
Jamie Dornan will be the new, I don't know, Grey? Which means a couple of things - my dear Jamie will become an international phenomenon, maybe even like Edward Cullen, Robert Pattinson, and I will die, but it also means I will have to read the book(s). I don't know about both, especially the latter. 
He is obviously a lesser known actor and I see this as a big risk for his acting career, but it's what actors do, they risk, every time.


For those of you unfamiliar with the name Jamie Dornan, you may rather know the face or even more the body better than the name, if you pay close attention, he's been working as a prominent model for the last few years. Search Calvin Klein on the internet and you'll get it.
Jamie grew up in Belfast, he's a skinny Irish fella, who actually wants to be an actor for a really long time, more than a model, especially more than being a model. When he was younger, he got himself in this show on TV for Models, so prepare yourselves, or rather Jamie, because someone will very likely find these old footage, but the thing is that he didn't went further, he wasn't even picked for further episodes. I remember him wearing his green hat though. But he still end up being a really successful model, posing with Kate Moss, Gisele Bundchen and with a lot of famous photographers for all kinds of famous brands. 
He actually got to know a little bit about fame way earlier than most people do in the business, especially the paparazzi, as he was Keira Knightley's boyfriend for a couple of years. And for a while he couldn't get away from this, as he was referred as the former boyfriend of Keira Knightley, which will also be likely to come up these days.
Jamie is also a talented singer, he even released a CD with his old friend called Sons of Jim. I guess this will also be quite available from now on.
I think it took people a long time to take him serious as an actor, even though he had a couple of minor gigs, it really took him a hard time. If you saw the film Marie Antoinette by Sofia Coppola, you saw him as this handsome love affair of Kirsten Dunst. He also has another unknown film called Shadows in the Sun, which I haven't seen. In the short film Nice to meet you he plays a thief running from the cops and in the meantime I think he has a couple of lines in the whole thing. 
He arrived to the American crowd with the hit show Once Upon a Time, while at the same time he filmed a crime show with Gillian Anderson called The Fall. But while he entered and after six episodes he dies in Once Upon a Time, I guess with a great impression, it is with The Fall that he has the greater opportunity of his acting career as the co-protagonist of this great drama, with the most challenging role he ever had. Even though the show took a really long time to be released, it absolutely pays off. And it was such a hit that it was renewed for a second season.
He recently filmed in Belgium, for a film called Flying Home, and it will be released next year. He is also in another new series called New Worlds, for Channel 4.
Finally, I don't think fame scares him much. I think he knows very well the ins and outs of it as he lived through it for some time, but mostly because he's a very grounded man, down to earth and I guess the best you can get as a good person.
So to my dear Jamie Dornan, I've been following you since 2004, while lots of people never really heard of your name, I believe they are in for a tremendous treat.
Prepare yourselves for photos of him naked all the time. Sexism for all the eyes to see.

I will obviously support him through thick and thin, this is how it's said right?

No comments:

Post a Comment