Monday, September 29, 2014

1,000


Here’s a little personal rant. Every now and then I guess I have the need to make a little point of the situation on my blog. The truth is that I need to knowledge that I am a blogger, I write things and some people from different continents read it.
I understand that some people don’t understand this blog much, they don’t think is anything especial, they are expecting something else, maybe more movies, they say it’s too personal. Personally, this isn’t really going to change much. This is a place where I, as in Rachelle, talk about films, performers, society issues. I’m not going to be informing you about the mainstream films premiering every week though, I don’t think so, this is not what I want to do. I will write long posts about Adéle Haenel, this I will do because it is my passion. She’s a performer I’m passionate about.
I notice that there isn’t much of a response; I think I’m part of the reason why. It isn’t an issue, though. But here’s the thing, I know and I really need to step up the game a little. I started this idea of me talking about films and everything related to films, which means talk about life in general, almost four years ago. I decided to expose something that I’ve already been doing for a while. I am not entirely sure what I can do to step it up right this second, because I don’t have great resources right now; I sure need to reevaluate my values, and I sure need to focus on it more. Lately, I’ve been really off and I don’t like it because this is simply of one my favorite things to do. My dream is literally to watch films as a living. The other day I watched four films in a day…it was a rainy day. What I mean is that the spark is still there.
There’s one thing I don’t mind and that’s your input, I mean, don’t be too mean, because I’m quite sensitive, but please do talk to me, especially about films! Let’s talk about films. You'll help me get better.
Ok, this is an utter mess.

To end this personal post, I’m just going to say I can’t bloody wait for GONE GIRL. I’ll be in the dark room this Thursday and I can’t wait to discuss the endless discussion with you.


This is my 1,000 post.
Happy films.

2 comments:

  1. Please, keep writing here because I really appreciate your post. I also love the idea of watch and write about films (and series) as a profession. Sadly, I work in something completely different.
    In Chile, Gone Girl is opening the next week, so I won't be reading your post until then.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete